PFLASA works with LASA to help build a welcoming atmosphere and strives to be a source of school information for parents, students and teachers. Besides raising funds for classroom materials, professional development for teachers, books, educational and community events, and equipment and other resources that enhance our students’ education, we host multiple social events that make LASA a school with heart:
- Host a Welcome Back to School luncheon for teachers and staff.
- Provide hosts for the New Teacher Tour when teachers travel the city far and wide via school bus to learn about LASA students and parents.
- Organize a speaker series addressing issues pertinent to teens and parents, relating to high school.
- Assist students with class socials, typically held over the lunch hour.
- Assist the school with the LASA Showcase and provide dinner for teachers.
- Assist the school with incoming student choice sheet days.
- Host “Welcome to LASA” events for incoming parents
- Coffeehouse, LASA’s student springtime talent show for students, families, teachers, and alumni.
- Host Senior Salute, our end-of-the-year, off-campus event to send off the seniors in style.
- Assist PTSA with Project Graduation, an all-night party at the YMCA for seniors the night of graduation.
Please volunteer and participate when you can. We look forward to meeting you, hearing your ideas, taking advantage of your talents, and working with you!